Sixth Form Dress Code
Male – Formal business dress (Trousers, shoes, shirt, tie.)
Female – Formal business dress (skirts must be an appropriate length.)
(Please note – denim, trainers and leather do not qualify as formal business dress.)
Transport Arrangements for Post-16 Students
Transport arrangements are sourced and arranged by Cumbria County Council. Students in post-16 education no longer have an entitlement to a seat on transport provided by the County Council, but they can apply for a seat where the county has calculated that there are available seats. This is known as the spare capacity seat scheme.
The administration of this policy is reviewed on an annual basis and we will advise you should it change.
The spare capacity scheme only operates on existing school transport provision for West Lakes Academy.
Cumbria County Council asks the academy to indicate to them the spare seat requests from our post 16 students, this usually happens in mid-May.
The academy will send a letter and application form to post-16 applicants and current Year 12 students and we indicate a date when we must have the application forms back, so that we can pass our information to the council.
An application does not guarantee that a seat is available.
We do not request any payment with the application.
You can apply directly to the County Council for a free seat on low income grounds or if the student has Special Educational Needs. Please visit the County Council website for further information cumberland.gov.uk – and search for school transport.
- The academy does not have any influence over the allocation of seats.
- The academy will notify you if you have or have not been allocated a spare seat, this could be towards the end of August; we will request payment at this stage.
- On receipt of payment the pass will be sent to the address as indicated on the application form.
- We prefer full payment, but can offer a three term instalment plan if requested.
- You will need to consider sourcing alternative transport arrangements in the event that a spare seat is not available.