Maintaining every day, regular routines wherever possible, such as, attending school and lessons whilst working towards managing mental health is key. The academy offers a range of services to help students develop positive mental health and wellbeing and support those experiencing mental health issues. The pastoral team support positive mental health and wellbeing across the academy and a number of our staff are trained in youth mental health and first aid.
To clarify, support is available from a number of areas within the academy:
- Form tutors are well placed to be available to discuss any issues. Many things can cause a change in mental health including traumatic events (e.g. loss or separation, life changes, abuse, domestic violence or bullying).
- Heads of year are available to provide guidance and support and can work as a link between home and school.
- PD and PE staff have a good overview of mental health and wellbeing and teach all students in Years 7-11.
- Our inclusion staff are experienced and eager to support.
- Ms Tuck is available to support with both physical and mental first aid.
- Miss Relph leads on mental health and wellbeing across school and is always keen to support in any way possible.