West Lakes Academy aims to provide a lively environment where you child will be able to:
- Become a confident and independent learner.
- Develop their full potential.
- Learn to respect the rights and beliefs of others.
- Become literate and numerate.
- Attend the academy regularly and on time.
- Wear the correct uniform and P.E kit (unless exempted on religious grounds).
- Respect the rules and behaviour policy of the academy at all times.
- Respect every other student and staff member at the academy and people in the surrounding community, regardless or any cultural differences or protected characteristics.
- Tell a teacher if they are worried or concerned about any aspect of their schooling.
- Complete all assigned homework on time and to the best of his/her ability.
- Strive to attain excellence in all its forms through full participation in the academic, sporting and extra-curricular activities of the academy.
- All electrical equipment needs to be charged before the school day.
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly and on time.
- Ensure that your child wears the correct uniform (unless exempted on religious grounds) and that their P.E kit is brought to school.
- Ensure that your child adheres to the academy’s IT acceptable use agreement.
- Support the academy by encouraging the good behaviour of your child/children.
- Ensure homework assigned to your child/children is completed on time.
- Assist your child/children with their homework to the best of their ability.
- Encourage your child/children’s learning through extra-curricular activities and independent learning.
- Inform the academy of any change in your child/children’s circumstances or if you have any concerns regarding any aspect of your child/children’s schooling.
- Endeavour to support the school and your child/children by participating in any meetings or social activities that the school requests them to attend.
West Lakes Academy’s Responsibilities:
- Provide your child with a safe, inclusive and accessible learning environment.
- Provide a full and balanced curriculum appropriate to the needs of every student.
- Provide regular and vigorous homework that sufficiently tests every student.
- Expect high standards, good behaviour and mutual respect.
- Record and reward excellence.
- Record and discipline poor behaviour and lack of progress.
- Provide extra-curricular activities to develop the broader skills that will assist with the personal, social, physical and cultural development of students.
- Respect the rights and needs of all staff, parents and children associated with the academy.
- Regularly meet with parents to feedback the progress of their children.
- Endeavour to provide all necessary information regarding the policies and activities of the academy and its students.