IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/CARERS : HOME TO SCHOOL TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS FROM SEPTEMBER 2017
As you are aware, home to school transport arrangements have been retendered with new transport contracts in place from 1st September 2017.
- If your child(ren) currently has a bus pass which entitles them to free home to school transport your pass will automatically be issued at the end of July.
- If your child(ren) receive free home to school transport under Low Income or Denominational Grounds you will have received a letter requesting evidence. If you have not already done so, please return the evidence as requested, as soon as possible so that your application can be assessed.
- If you pay for a Spare Seat, you should have received a letter requesting payment. Your pass will be sent to you in August after payment has been received.
- If you have submitted a new application for transport and you applied before 30th June, your pass will be issued to you in August.
- Applications received after the deadline of 30th June will be dealt with as soon as possible, but you are reminded that transport may not be in place for the beginning of September and it is your responsibility to ensure your child(ren) attend school.
When you receive your travel pass , this is what you need to do:
- Prior to start of term, Telephone the transport operator on the telephone number provided to confirm the time the bus will stop at the pick-up point printed on your pass. It is your responsibility to ensure your child is at the departure point five minutes before the transport is due.
- Detach the travel pass from the letter and secure it in the self-laminating pouch provided
- Read the conditions of use printed on the reverse of the travel pass
- Read the enclosed information leaflets and discuss with your child the importance of wearing a seatbelt and behaving sensibly on the transport
- Ensure your child carries their pass with them each day
- If you move home or school, you will need to reapply for transport.
Information regarding routes, operators and telephone contact numbers will be available on the County Council website from mid-August 2017. Visit www.cumbria.gov.uk/schooltransport and click on the Allerdale & Copeland Area Retender tab for more information.
If you have an enquiry about your transport arrangements please look at our Frequently Asked Questions which can be found at www.cumbria.gov.uk/schooltransport. If, after reading the FAQ’s you still need to contact the team, please telephone us on 01228 226427/226428. The telephones are very busy during August and early September and there may be a delay in responding to you.